Word Association Test WAT in SSB :
Word Association Test WAT in SSB is the one among the psychological tests conducted by SSB.
It is conducted on the Day-2, Stage-II of the psychological test after TAT.
MEANING OF WAT in SSB :
WAT in SSB is a projective technique in which the individual is presented with a list of words one at a time and asked to respond with the first idea/thought that comes to his mind.
This test is also known as idea writing test.
In other words, it is a test of personality and test of mental function in which the subject/the candidate is required to respond to the words shown, with the first thought that comes to the mind.
The word shown can be used in any form, i.e. the word ‘awoke’ can be used as awaken and awakening.
In the pure psychology test, it usually consists of a hundred stimulus words that are read out one by one to the person who is supposed to answer as quickly as possible with the first word that occurs to mind.
REASON FOR CONDUCTING WAT in SSB :
The Word Association Test WAT in SSB is a common method within psychology which has been used to reveal the private world of an individual.
The test reveals the candidate’s verbal memories, thorough processes, emotional states and personalities.
Thorough the process, psychologists examine the nature and probabilities of the response words and sometimes the amount of time it takes to respond.
This test was devised by a famous psychologist to show the person’s reality and autonomy of unconscious complexes.
Get Daily Job Notification Join us on Telegram. To Join: Click here
WAY OF CONDUCTING WAT in SSB :
In WAT, candidates are shown a total of 60 words.
All the 60 words are shown one after the other.
Each word is shown to the candidates for 15 seconds.
During this 15 seconds, the candidate has to read and understand the word, think about an idea or a meaningful sentence and write it down.
The meaningful sentence to the word should be written in a booklet provided for the purpose by SSB.
Out of 60 words, at least 45 has to be attempted.
Tips to Successfully Attempt WAT in SSB :
Below are given useful tips to crack WAT successfully:-
• WAT in SSB is conducted to know your creative thinking and imaginative ability, try to make your own sentences.
• Let your sentences be more positive and constructive in approach with practicality.
• While assessing the test, it is keenly observed whether the meaningful sentences are constructed or not, so make a logical, meaningful and grammatically correct sentence.
• Do not write borrowed or memorized sentences instead make real sentences. This can be done only by having a good vocabulary of memory.
• Do not be under the impression that making sentences related to army and navy will fetch credit instead they show that your responses are not natural and spontaneous.
• Finally practice constructing sentences related to the social, economic and political and cultural field of the country.
Our Latest Posts :
- Individual Obstacles In SS What are different Individual Obstacles In SSBIndividual Obstacles In SSB : IO is also known as Individual Obstacles in SSB. As the name suggests, in this task every obstacle is tackled by the candidates individually. This is a set of individual tasks which checks your minimum […]
- Lecturette in SSB What is Lecturette in SSB InterviewWAY OF CONDUCTING LECTURETTE IN SSB : Lecturette in SSB is a short lecture. It is the way through which knowledge or information is imparted on various topics especially related to current affairs of national and international importance. What it […]
- Lecturette Topics for SSB Interview 2020Lecturette Topics for SSB Interview 2020 : In this post, we are going to provide many times asked Lecturette Topics for SSB Interview. Lecturette in SSB Interview is one of the most important topics. One needs to prepare well in […]
- List of SSB Group Discussion Topics 2020List of SSB Group Discussion Topics 2020 : Below are some topics given for GD purpose. Candidates are advised to use these topic,. and practise with your friends. These are latest SSB Group Discussion Topics asked many times in SSB […]
- Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PPDT)Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PPDT) : In SSB Interviews, Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PPDT) are conducted on day-1 and it is the second objective of Stage-I tests. As we know the first test is the intelligence test which […]