Thematic Apperception Test TAT in SSB Interview :
Thematic Apperception Test TAT in SSB is one of them ‘Psychological tests’ conducted by the SSB Interviews.
It is conducted on the Day-2 of the second stage of the tests.
It is conducted to bring out the real personality of the candidates, which is revealed by the candidate’s interpretation of stories through which the positive and negative qualities of the candidate have emerged.
MEANING OF TAT in SSB Interview :
It is the second objective test employed by the SSB interviews, to test the personality of the candidate.
In TAT test, 12 pictures including one blank picture are shown. Candidates are asked to write a story on the pictures shown.
The story should be sketched around what led to the situation? What is going on and what would be the outcome in the pictures displayed.
Each picture is displayed for 30 seconds and candidates are asked to write the story in 4 minutes.
In the blank slide, candidates are asked to think a picture of their own choice and write a story around that.
It is also a test of the candidate’s imagination. If an outline or hazy and vague picture is shown to a candidate, he will interpret it according to his imagination.
There is a difference in the test when compared to picture discussion test i.e. as in the picture discussion test, the candidates are asked to write the parameters like age, sex, mood, and action of the characters in the picture.
These pictures, therefore, stimulate the thought processes of the candidate and his ability to weave around a story.
Get Daily Job Notification Join us on Telegram. To Join: Click here
It is a method of exploring matter from a person’s subconscious mind by stimulating his fantasy and interpreting it.
The candidate is encouraged to come out with ideas and inner hidden or latent material, which will not be available to us normally.
Following points should be kept in the mind while the candidate attempts TAT in SSB Interview :
- The TAT involves the picture projection and story writing depends on t.11(the picture showed.
- Totally 12 (11 + 1) pictures are shown, where ’11’ pictures are with them, and characters from which the candidates make a story and the `12th’ or Iasi one is a blank picture, where the candidate should imagine a story.
- The pictures are displayed for 30 seconds and the candidate is given 4 minutes; to write a story about the picture seen. It is continued for all the 12 pictures.
- The picture consists of one or more than one person. The blank picture is usually shown in the last.
Guidance to Attempt TAT in SSB Interview :
Following tips are very useful as well as crucial to attempt TAT in SSB successfully.
• Practicing the story writing keeping in front of some picture is advisable for the candidates who have cleared the screening test.
• In the test room, when the picture is shown, it is very essential to observe the picture attentively and make out the objects and characters shown. Also, keep in mind that the picture is displayed for only 30 seconds.
• It is good to be calm, positive for looking at the picture and perceive the theme to write a story.
• It should be kept in the mind that the picture centers around a person usually a hero or a heroine through which the action of the story is shown and your story is reflected through the description of the hero and a story.
• If you are not able to finish the story within the given 4 minutes, then pass on to the next picture shown, so that you do not miss the subsequent picture…
When it comes to the last blank picture, it is advisable to write the story based on the theme of the immediately preceding picture to make the story more natural and real.
These above points will help to get success in TAT For the same purpose, here we are providing example pictures for practicing story writing on different themes.
Latest Posts :
- Individual Obstacles In SS What are different Individual Obstacles In SSBIndividual Obstacles In SSB : IO is also known as Individual Obstacles in SSB. As the name suggests, in this task every obstacle is tackled by the candidates individually. This is a set of individual tasks which checks your minimum […]
- Lecturette in SSB What is Lecturette in SSB InterviewWAY OF CONDUCTING LECTURETTE IN SSB : Lecturette in SSB is a short lecture. It is the way through which knowledge or information is imparted on various topics especially related to current affairs of national and international importance. What it […]
- Lecturette Topics for SSB Interview 2020Lecturette Topics for SSB Interview 2020 : In this post, we are going to provide many times asked Lecturette Topics for SSB Interview. Lecturette in SSB Interview is one of the most important topics. One needs to prepare well in […]
- List of SSB Group Discussion Topics 2020List of SSB Group Discussion Topics 2020 : Below are some topics given for GD purpose. Candidates are advised to use these topic,. and practise with your friends. These are latest SSB Group Discussion Topics asked many times in SSB […]
- Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PPDT)Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PPDT) : In SSB Interviews, Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PPDT) are conducted on day-1 and it is the second objective of Stage-I tests. As we know the first test is the intelligence test which […]