Group Planning Exercise In SSB :
Group Planning Exercise in SSB held on the 3rd day of your stay in the SSB. It is the second group test after group discussion. Group Planning Exercise (GPE) is an indoor task.
In this task, a model is placed on the ground, which contains a set of problems.
The candidates are required to solve the problems one by one by using the given resources.
Sometimes it is also called Military Planning Exercise. Firstly, the candidate is required to write down his own solution for which he/she has allotted 10 minutes and then discuss within his group and come to a common group solution.
So, unlike the group discussion where no conclusion was to be reached, in this exercise the candidates have to reach a definite conclusion that is mutually agreed on group solution.
Objectives of Group Planning Exercise In SSB :
In group planning exercise, there is a series of tough situations where the candidate is putting himself and his team in various situations i.e. extracting work from his team by allocating them based on the priority of the problem.
Various qualities judged by GTO are as follow :
- Observation and analytical skill
- Organizing ability
- Team spirit and cooperation
- Power of expression
- Responsibility and social adaptability
- Determination and courage
Procedure for Group Planning Exercise In SSB :
There are following procedures for Group Planning Exercise In SSB :
- The candidates will sit in a semi-circle in the sequence of their chest numbers.
- The GTO will narrate the model and rules.
- After the narration of the problem, GTO will ask the group for any doubt.
- GTO will also tell about the time and direction from which we are going. The directions are also marked on the map.
- Each candidate will be provided 5 minutes for self-reading of the written story; the candidate is required to read it quickly and place the story card by side.
- The candidate is given 10 minutes time to write down their own individual solution for the said problem under reference.
- The candidates will be given 20 minutes time to discuss the set of problems and arrive at a group solution i.e. proper solution to win over all situations.
- Group solution will be narrated by one candidate from the group before the GTO.
Steps to be Performed :
The following steps should be performed for better performance in group planning exercise in SSB :
Step 1 :
Candidate need to be very attentive because if you miss any place or misinterpret anything on the map, it will hamper your performance. So be attentive, listen to every minute detail meticulously and keep them in mind.
Step 2 :
In the next step, GTO is going to read the narrative to you. He will provide you written story of the problem.
In this test, you need to correlate the problem to the map and while listening pay attention to hidden resources, given resources, time constraints and the total number of problems and what all problems are.
So, at the end of this step, you must be able to know How many problems are there? What are the resources given and hidden?
Oat is the time constraints of each problem? what are other constraints like no communication Headlights are not working and so on?
Get Daily Job Notification Join us on Telegram. To Join: Click here
Step 3 :
In the 3rd step, GTO will give you 5 minutes for If you were listening and attentive in Step 2 then the time in your planning.
Your next step should be the following. Decide priorities of problems and have always a reason for giving the particular priority to a particular problem.
Always keep loss and time factor in mind while doing this… As a problem can be solved in more than one ways, start thinking for available solutions to each problem and decide which one to follow and how many persons you need to solve that problem.
Whatever solutions you follow, should have a reason for that. Most important thing is that whenever you have a choice between possibility and certainty, go for certainty. e.g. you are on a road with an injured person, you have two options one to take the lift and at a short distance, you have a petrol pump or garage.
Then it is certain that you will get a vehicle at the garage or pump, but you may or may not get the lift.
So, always select an option which is accessible to you and which ensures you the solution.
After you get a solution to each problem you have a clear idea about how many persons are needed in each problem. So, now you can decide how many sub-groups you will divide your team.
Do not divide the group before you find the solution, you can get wrong in the middle. So, do it at last.
Step 4 :
In this step, GTO will ask you to write your individual solution on a paper for this you will get 10 minutes. This copy will be evaluated so take this seriously. For writing always follow a particular way so that you don’t miss anything.
Write what resources you have in hand quickly and always mention hidden resources as it shows you are practical and can think other options too.
Now write, I will divide my group into sub-groups.
• Now attending each problem priority wise, write down solution attending these points for each.
Who, what, when, where, how, time distance and action.
Always mention distance according to scale given to you, you can go to the model or map and measure it with your hand so, that you can get a rough idea of distance and time needed to travel that distance using the particular mode of transport.
After you finish this, reassemble your group mates and move where you were going prior to the problems.
Step 5 :
Apart from the group discussion, one more thing will be tested and this is your decision-making ability and how you persuade others to your decision. Presence of mind and listening are the most important things.
If you think you have made a good plan then discuss the reasons behind your particular choice.
In your discussion, you should have a reason for the choice of every action. If you have strong reasons, then your group members will agree automatically, If you feel your point is not correct, then there is no harm in accepting the correct approach of others.
If your group nominates you to give a final plan, then do not hesitate and give it confidently.
This is a fact that the group will nominate you automatically if you were good and active throughout the discussion.
Other things are the same as in group discussion.
Strategy for Group Planning Exercise In SSB :
First and foremost, see the map and scale up the distance. For calculating the distance you can use your hand. e.g. if the scale says 10 cm 1km and my hand (the distance from the tip of the hand to the start of the wrist) is approximately 20 cm, so my hand is equal to 2 km on the map.
This technique will give you a clear vision of the distance in the map, which will also give you a better knowledge of the time required.
The second important thing is to locate your position using the direction mentioned in the map. If you get the opportunity to narrate the plan, use direction, distance, the time required and the right time to narrate the story.
- Always remember, when a GTO narrates a story, listen to it very carefully and count the number of problems. It will help you to remember the number of problems and set the priority accordingly.
- Prioritize your solution; help the person who needs it utmost. e.g. let’s suppose if you are alone and going to bring water from a village where you see a girl has fallen in the well. Then what would you do? You first help the girl using the rope and the bucket from the well. Do not run for the help because the case might be that the girl would drown in the meantime. Now when you have rescued her, it will show your awareness and spontaneity.
- Use the resources efficiently; it will increase your chance to stand out in your group. e.g. like if you are at a petrol pump, you can use petrol to make bombs. You can find some bottles and can make petrol bombs.
- Use the resources which are certain: like using a cart instead of asking a lift In this way, you can do your task till the time you will get the lift.
- If you are trapped, you can also use a knife, match-box, and fire for signaling.
Our Latest Posts :
- Individual Obstacles In SS What are different Individual Obstacles In SSBIndividual Obstacles In SSB : IO is also known as Individual Obstacles in SSB. As the name suggests, in this task every obstacle is tackled by the candidates individually. This is a set of individual tasks which checks your minimum […]
- Lecturette in SSB What is Lecturette in SSB InterviewWAY OF CONDUCTING LECTURETTE IN SSB : Lecturette in SSB is a short lecture. It is the way through which knowledge or information is imparted on various topics especially related to current affairs of national and international importance. What it […]
- Lecturette Topics for SSB Interview 2020Lecturette Topics for SSB Interview 2020 : In this post, we are going to provide many times asked Lecturette Topics for SSB Interview. Lecturette in SSB Interview is one of the most important topics. One needs to prepare well in […]
- List of SSB Group Discussion Topics 2020List of SSB Group Discussion Topics 2020 : Below are some topics given for GD purpose. Candidates are advised to use these topic,. and practise with your friends. These are latest SSB Group Discussion Topics asked many times in SSB […]
- Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PPDT)Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PPDT) : In SSB Interviews, Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PPDT) are conducted on day-1 and it is the second objective of Stage-I tests. As we know the first test is the intelligence test which […]